Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great motivation

So yesterday I'm doing my thing at the gym. Using that stupid machine where you pull the rope down and it never ends.  On a side note I think that is legalized torture, but back to my point.  Another, shall we say, plus sized gentlemen walks up to me and introduces himself to me. Then proceeds to tell me he's seen me in there a lot recently and he sees how hard I've been working, and that I look smaller already.  That statement on its own is fantastic to hear, but he continues to tell me that watching me has made him work harder because he doesn't want me to lose weight faster than him😂😂. I found that really funny as well as motivating.   We talked for a quick couple of minutes, as I don't like chatting during workouts. We were comparing eating plans, workout plans and weight loss to date (btw winning).  As he walked away I smiled to myself and came to the realization that I now have a weight loss nemesis. A friendly person to compete against. There are all sorts of ways to keep yourself motivated. Whether it's internal or external, doesn't matter. Use anything in your power to keep yourself going. Competing with friends and family members is a great one. If your internally motivated then write down how long you can last at a cardio exercise and try to improve them. It really doesn't matter if it's only a minute or 20 minutes. Don't let the scale be your only motivator. For the scale can be a fickle mistress and you don't want anything to derail your mind set.  What I have found recently is that weight loss really is mind over body.

No comments:

Post a Comment