Monday, May 16, 2016

Its a Beautiful Day

Looking out the window it's grey and cloudy and looks like it's going to rain.  How is that a beautiful day? A simple reason.   I stepped on the scale this morning after a week of hard work and I was down 10.2 pounds.  Yes I'm claiming the .2 pounds.  That's over a pound per day.  That is a very satisfying feeling.  Especially after last Friday and Saturday.   Both those days were tough for me.  I was tired and sore and I really didn't want to go to the gym.  I procrastinated and kept putting off the gym until the very end of the day. I forced myself to get in my truck and drive to the gym.  On Saturday I actually sat in the parking lot for about 20 minutes trying to talk myself into going home.  But eventually I told myself to just go in and hop on the bike,  give it 5 minutes and see how you feel.  After the 5 minutes I told myself just finish the 15 minutes you're supposed to do and then you can leave.  And that's how my whole workout went.  Just get through the next 5 minutes.  I focused on small goals instead of the whole workout.  My workout wasn't the best, but I finished.  That to me was the most important part of the whole week.  When it was the most difficult I didn't give up.  If you look at the simple act, it looks small.  What's one workout right?  I worked hard all week, why not skip just this one workout.  But that small act, that small battle, is huge.  It means my thought process is changing. In the past I would have rationalized and justified me sitting at home.  I would have made myself feel like it was ok.  But that way of thinking is what got me into the situation I'm in.  Making excuses for myself to sit on the couch, to eat pizza instead of chicken, to start tomorrow instead of today.  To say "eh, it's only 1 pound".   NO MORE!  No more will I give up on myself.  No more will I allow myself to be lazy. No more.

No comments:

Post a Comment