Friday, May 13, 2016

Win the Battles

Every war is a series of battles. Some small some big. And to win the war you must win the battles. And make no mistake I'm at war with myself   but if I focus on the war(the mountain of weight I have to lose) it will be over whelming. Every day I must win small victories over myself. For example today I went to lunch and my meal came with bread. Being that I'm following the paleo diet wheat and grains are a no no. But I love bread. Especially garlic bread.  I told myself just don't eat it. You will be fine. The longer I sat there eating my meal the more I focused on that damn bread. So as weird as it sound I asked my buddy to take that bread and lick it.  Again I know that sounds weird but it was the fastest way I could think of to remove that temptation.  Battle won!

My second battle of the day was the gym. I sore.  I was tired and it was insanely hot today. My body is telling me. Rest, take the day off you deserve it. But in my head I knew that was wrong. I have a plan and goals to achieve and taking the day off was not going to help either of those two things. So after a long drawn out fight with myself I went to the gym. It wasn't the greatest work out but I did it. Battle won!  

I don't expect to be perfect but I will fight to win every battle every day in order to win the war.  

No comments:

Post a Comment