Monday, May 16, 2016

Lets Talk About Food!

Week 1 is in the bag and I had a week of good solid eating habits.   Best I have had in a long long long time.  I haven't written much about food simply because I wanted to see how my new eating habits would make me feel and how affective it would be for my weight loss goals.  That being said I feel it worked very well for me.  So I will go into more detail about how I plan to eat.

For the foreseeable future I will be following whats called the Paleo Diet.  Basically all that means is eat like our ancestors used to.  Natural foods no frankenfoods.  So all meats all veggies and natural fats.  No processed foods at all and no wheat, grains, legumes or dairy products.  I will be tracking my foods and calories but I will not restrict calories.  If you need any more info on the Paleo Diet google it.  In addition to paleo I will be using intermittent fasting.  Whats intermittent fasting you ask?  Well basically it means you fast part of the day and only eat during your food window.  So I will be fasting 16 hours and consuming all my calories during an 8 hour food window.  So thats it.  Pretty simple in theory and so far fairly simple in practice.

Now for the fun part.  Every week I will give myself a "CHEAT MEAL".  In that meal I will eat what every my little heart desires.  Guess what?  Mondays are cheat meal day.  I took full advantage of that meal.

How Yummy does that look?  It tastes even better.  For those of you who read my post    "Day 1" that will look familiar.  Chicago style deep dish pizza yum yum.  Now here is the weird thing about it.  My Cheat meals are planned for Mondays.  I assumed when I started that I would be craving bad food constantly and I really don't.  As good as it was I would have been ok not having it.  So then why did I eat it?  Thats a great question and I'm glad I thought of it.  Because using my cheat meal at my planned time will give me a tool to use at later date if I do have cravings.  Right now the diet is still new and although I have had a couple of days where the grind was hard physically, food wise I was solid.  I know that won't always be the case and mentally I know when that happens i just have to make it to Monday.  Besides that if you work hard and stick to your plan then you should get a small reward.  If you never have that opportunity to stray under a controlled setting I think at some point you will lose control and wreck your diet on a bigger scale.  As I continue with my new life style I will share more pics of my food and work out plans in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment