Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I Was Lazy

I think another reason why most fail at diets is because we are too strict with them. We try to be to perfect and don't allow any room for mistakes.  I know for me this was a big part of my failed attempts in the past.  I would plan all my workouts and all my meals.  Then I would wake up late and not have time to prep my lunch. When that happened I would allow myself to eat like I used to because I didn't have a lunch.  Well then lunch is ruined so why bother with a healthy dinner.  By expecting perfection we are setting ourselves up for failure. All last week I only cooked 2-3 meals. The rest I ate out. Now I'm not saying everybody else should follow that approach. But for me last week was a tough week. Starting to eat healthy, cooking, working and going to the gym daily would have overwhelmed me. And I would have gone right back into my cycle of failure.  So instead I used restaraunts as a tool. I made smart decisions with my food choices and ended up with a successful week. Eating out isn't the cause of me being fat. It's the daily choices I make in what foods I shovel down my throat.  That being said it's almost always better and healthier if you cook your food at home. You have better control of what ingredients are being used to fit with your diet. For example, I only cook with natural oils like olive, coconut or avocado oil. So this week my goal is to try and cook more meals at home.   I started last night with some barbecued chicken, grilled zucchini, asparagus, and a small side salad with snap peas and tomatoes.

 2 legs, 2 thighs, grilled veggies and salad
 approximate calories 590

No comments:

Post a Comment